Thursday, January 1, 2009

origins of Pharrell love♥

Hello blog world! I've come to blog about my love for Pharrell Williams and others...if anyone cares.

Origins:I know Pharrell had hits before 2003, but that was when Frontin' came out. Now I remember watching MTV with my sister. We just came home from school, and I was in the 6th grade. BOOM! The music hit my ears, the visual hit my eyes; Who was this beautiful man with a beatiful voice, singing over this synthesized beat of which my ears never heard before?? Good God, I was taken in by catchy ass lyrics..."I was just frontin', you know I want you babe"... As of then, he was just a new artist; I didn't know he was growing on me just yet.

About 3 years ago:The main music genre I listened to was hip-hop, rap, r&b, main negro music haha. Well, I attempted to stay posted on songs that Pharrell sang, or was featured in, but I was lazy. Then I graduate middle school, go into high school...I'm a freshman, blah, everyone hates freshmen...Then I get into sophomore year.

Present:I would prefer to call it the high school year of self realization. Of course, I realize that I've been missing out on Pharrell. What really brought me back to him was his sexyness; so I thought I would look into his music as well. BANG! In My Mind was sweeeeeet, I sweared to stay on that, then I was like, wait, Pharrell has a band, right... I started to look into N*E*R*D. EVEN BETTER! Not necessarily hip-hop, but more like funk rap or funk rock, I didn't care, shit was hot!

During the summer I decided to stop listening to rap. Specifically to the songs rapping about money, bitches, cars, "the struggle"...so on and so forth. I still listen to rap, but from rappers like Lupe, Pharrell, Kanye, and Common; basically the ones that rap or sing about different secular dramas. Lupe is real!! As of now my favorite song is "And he gets the girl" by him. I know I may be late on that, but that ish is beautiful. Its well put together, and it doesn't hurt that its over the "Maybe" beat from N*E*R*D. The sound that Pharrell and Kanye, and others I listen to emit; like their lyrics and beats rape my ears, and make them their bitch. That's how good they sound to me! I hate anyone who inturupts me when listening to MY "music gods". Fuck off till the song is done. That's my word.

Few favorite songs are:Maybe, Provider, Baby[both versions], Yeah You**, Big White Spaceship, Frontin', Run to the Sun**, The Way She Dances**, Breakout, Fly or Die, Jump**, roughly all of N*E*R*D's albums and Pharrell songs. Right now, my music library is reading 44 N*E*R*D songs, and 88 songs with Pharrell in it, that's 132. I'm trying to hit 150 by Feb. and 200 by end of 09, I hope...I rest my case.


No one Ever Really Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment